Italian fashion house Valentino has appointed industry veteran Riccardo Bellini as new chief executive, it said on Wednesday, adding he will take up the role at the start of September.
Bellini, who has been working as managing director of leading Valentino investor Mayhoola, replaces Jacopo Venturini whose departure was announced last week.
"I am honored to join Valentino, an iconic maison that blends extraordinary heritage and craftsmanship with a unique creative voice," Bellini said in a statement.
Bellini previously served as CEO of luxury brands Maison Margiela and Chloé, and held business and marketing leadership roles at Diesel and Procter & Gamble.
Valentino, founded in Rome in 1960 by Valentino Garavani and Giancarlo Giammetti, is part-owned by French luxury conglomerate Kering PRTP.PA, which bought a 30% stake in the label from Qatari fund Mayhoola for 1.7 billion euros ($1.98 billion) in 2023, with a commitment to buy the rest by 2028.
Last month, Mayhoola denied a newspaper report that the two shareholders were considering selling Valentino. Kering declined to comment at the time.
A coalition of US states suing Meta Platforms over claims Facebook and Instagram were designed in ways that harmed young users' mental health began making its case on Tuesday in California federal court in a trial that could reshape some of the most popular apps on the planet.
Nakheel, a member of Dubai Holding Real Estate, has begun handing over 892 homes at Jebel Ali Village, which is expected to be home to approximately 5,500 residents.
The Indian state of Maharashtra has suspended the licences of four Domino's outlets after reporting grease residue in pizza-making machines and insect infestations, the latest move in an intensifying crackdown by food regulators.
XRG, ADNOC’s international energy investment company, has announced its entry into Venezuela through the award of the offshore Loran licence, and the transfer of interest in the licence by PDVSA Gas.
Venture capitalist Joshua Kushner and former Disney CEO Bob Iger are set to purchase the Los Angeles Lakers, with the deal valued at a record $12.5 billion, according to sources familiar with the matter on Wednesday.
The UAE's air defence systems detected a missile threat on Tuesday, with authorities advising the public to stay in a safe location and follow official channels for warnings and updates.