The UAE Cybersecurity Council has called on public and private sector entities to watch out for cyber attacks that may target "national digital infrastructure and assets".
It urged organisations to exercise the utmost caution and to activate the cyber emergency response system, which would involve proactively sharing data with the competent authorities in order to prevent possible malicious attacks.
In a statement carried by national news agency WAM, the Council stressed the importance of "confronting various cyber attacks by vital sectors, in addition to activating protection systems and cyber security policies and raising the awareness of the authorities about any suspicious electronic activities that may harm their systems."
Earlier this week, the government's head of cybersecurity, Mohammed Hamad Al Kuwaiti, said that the country prevents more than 50,000 cyberattacks each day.
UAE Cybersecurity Council warns public and private sectors against cyber attacks.#WamNews https://t.co/Ri4pplCtgI pic.twitter.com/tbbXBDxJ9z
— WAM English (@WAMNEWS_ENG) May 6, 2023


Trump pauses tariffs on Canadian imports, Carney says key work remains
Meta trial that could reshape Facebook, Instagram gets underway
Nakheel begins handover of 892 homes at Jebel Ali Village
Indian state shuts some Domino's, Pizza Hut outlets, citing hygiene lapses
ADNOC's XRG advances global gas strategy with Venezuela entry
