Music superstar Adele said on Tuesday she will play two concerts at London's Hyde Park next summer, her first in five years, an announcement British media said caused her website to crash as fans rushed to register for a ticket pre-sale.
The 33-year-old, who topped US and UK charts last week with comeback single Easy On Me, took to Twitter with the message "Oiii Oiiiiiiiiiiiii", sharing the July 1 and 2 concert dates and the pre-sale link on her website.
The shows, part of the BST Hyde Park concerts, are Adele's first since 2017.
However, several British media outlets reported the site had crashed, quoting fans as saying they were unable to register for the pre-sale.
Other performers at the Hyde Park concerts include Elton John, Duran Duran and Pearl Jam.
Adele is due to release her fourth studio album 30, her hotly anticipated follow-up to 2015's Grammy Award winning 25, in November.


Grief drama 'Everytime' wins Un Certain Regard competition at Cannes
Paul McCartney helps Stephen Colbert say goodbye to 'Late Show'
Disney sends Baby Yoda to bring 'Star Wars' fans to theatres
Ivor songwriting award winners include Jacob Alon, Rosalia
Imagine Dragons to headline Abu Dhabi Grand Prix after-race concerts
