Liam Gallagher, 1980s pop band Duran Duran and DJ David Guetta will headline September's Isle of Wight festival, organisers said on Friday, as UK starts finalising details for a return to big music events.
The festival, whose 2020 edition was cancelled because of the global pandemic, will take place September 16-19, pushed back from its usual June dates.
"Over the coming months we'll be watching and learning from the events taking place before us and, of course, liaising with all the relevant authorities to make sure everyone - audience, artists, staff, the community - is kept safe," festival promoter John Giddings said.
Earlier this month, Giddings was quoted by British media as saying the festival's capacity would be reduced by 5,000 to 50,000.
Its main stage headliners will be Gallagher on Friday, rock band Snow Patrol and Guetta on Saturday while Duran Duran will close the event on Sunday.
Other performers include singers Tom Jones, Sam Fender and Sophie Ellis-Bextor as well as bands Kaiser Chiefs, Razorlight, Lightning Seeds and Primal Scream.
"It’s a fantastic array of artists; from icons to emerging talent," Giddings said.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson last month unveiled what he called a phased cautious but irreversible path out of England’s third lockdown.


Grief drama 'Everytime' wins Un Certain Regard competition at Cannes
Paul McCartney helps Stephen Colbert say goodbye to 'Late Show'
Disney sends Baby Yoda to bring 'Star Wars' fans to theatres
Ivor songwriting award winners include Jacob Alon, Rosalia
Imagine Dragons to headline Abu Dhabi Grand Prix after-race concerts
