World number one Novak Djokovic will be able to compete at the US Open this year after the US government said on Monday it will end its COVID-19 vaccination requirements for international travellers on May 11.
Djokovic, one of the most high-profile athletes unvaccinated against COVID-19, missed the US Open in 2022 due to his vaccine status.
The 35-year-old Serb was unable to enter the country this year after unsuccessfully applying to the US government for special permission to play at Indian Wells and Miami.
Djokovic missed last year's Australian Open and was deported from the country due to his vaccine status and has said he would skip Grand Slams rather than have a COVID shot.
Djokovic has won three of his 22 major titles at the US Open. The hardcourt Grand Slam will be held from August 28-September 10 this year.


Man City accept Barcelona bid for Spain midfielder Rodri, say reports
Ngah’s double leads Cameroon to maiden Women’s Cup of Nations title
Arsenal beat Man City 3-0 to win Community Shield
Cristiano Ronaldo hints at retirement amid 'last year' claims
Sri Lanka fight back through spinners but India 460-9
