Novak Djokovic will return to action in Shanghai next month in his first tournament since his US Open semi-final defeat by Carlos Alcaraz, organisers of the Masters tournament said.
The Serb has won the event four times and will be making his 14th main-draw appearance as he looks to finish the season strong after being shut out of the Grand Slams by world number one Alcaraz and number two Jannik Sinner.
"He's back. Our four-time champ, @DjokerNole will return to Shanghai this year," the tournament posted on social media.
The 24-times major winner has struggled to find a way past the new duo dominating men's tennis in the last two seasons but had said in New York that best-of-three set matches gave him a better chance.
The 38-year-old reached the final in Shanghai last year, losing to Sinner in straight sets. This year's tournament runs from October 1-12.

Man City accept Barcelona bid for Spain midfielder Rodri, say reports
Ngah’s double leads Cameroon to maiden Women’s Cup of Nations title
Arsenal beat Man City 3-0 to win Community Shield
Cristiano Ronaldo hints at retirement amid 'last year' claims
Sri Lanka fight back through spinners but India 460-9
