The Ministry of Health and Prevention, MoHAP, has announced that two coronavirus patients in the UAE have recovered, while 6 new cases have been confirmed.
The six new cases, who have been screened through the ministry’s ongoing early reporting system, are of different nationalities, including four Iranians, one Chinese and one Bahraini, all of whom had come to the UAE from Iran before the recent travel ban.
It brings to 19 the number of reported cases, five of whom have been cured so far from the COVID-19.
The two who have recovered are 36-year-old and 37-year-old Chinese citizens,who were treated in UAE hospitals.
The first belongs to the Chinese family who initially tested positive for the novel coronavirus in the UAE.
A total of 28 people, who were in close contact with the previously confirmed cases, have been screened and all preemptive measures are being taken to prevent the spread of the virus.
The ministry has advised the public to adopt protective measures to avoid infectious diseases, including washing hands with soap and clean water, and covering the mouth when coughing or sneezing to stop the spread of germs and viruses.


UAE denounces attack targeting Barakah nuclear plant
UAE condemns drone attacks targeting Saudi Arabia
Sheikh Abdullah discusses Barakah drone strike with Arab ministers
UAE confirms Eid Al Adha to begin on May 27
UAE says two drones intercepted as third strikes generator near Barakah plant
Abdullah bin Zayed condemns drone strike in call with IAEA chief
UAE ranked among world’s top 10 governments in global index
Abu Dhabi authorities respond to fire from drone strike in Al Dhafra
Dubai's Al Khaleej Tunnel Project targets huge cut to travel time by 2030
Sharjah launches Oman logistics corridor through land border crossings
Putin thanks UAE President for Russia-Ukraine mediation efforts
Dubai Police warns of videos promoting excessive energy drink consumption
UAE President, Australian Deputy PM discuss defence, regional security
UAE, IMO discuss Strait of Hormuz shipping security
UAE says OPEC, OPEC+ exit was sovereign strategic decision
UAE, Maldives FMs discuss bilateral ties
UAE reaffirms it took defensive actions to protect sovereignty, civilians
Gulf educators gather in Dubai to share teaching and innovation ideas
UAE refutes Iranian allegations at BRICS meeting
Dubai to launch drone delivery services at parks, beaches
