The Dubai government has launched the 'Work Bundle' digital platform to cut the processing time to issue work permits for private sector employees from 30 days to five.
Making the announcement on Tuesday, Dubai's General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) said the platform will also reduce the number of documents required to complete the transactions from 16 to five and limit the number of visits to service centres to two from the earlier seven.
It will also integrate the workings of the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MoHRE), Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security, Dubai Health, and the Department of Economy and Tourism, and the GDRFA.
The first phase will be implemented in Dubai through "Invest in Dubai" platform and will be gradually expanded to include other Emirates.
The move aligns with the “Zero Bureaucracy” aimed to simplify government procedures and provide proactive services.
UAE government launches “Work Bundle” to facilitate work permits and residency procedures in private sector#UAEGOV pic.twitter.com/7WzYDBBTJH
— UAEGOV (@UAEmediaoffice) March 6, 2024
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, said "the project eliminates government bureaucracy, reduces procedures, re-engineers services, and reduces their duration in the federal government".
It will "reclaim 62 million working days previously devoted to the renewal of residencies and employment contracts within government frameworks. It is also expected to curtail 25 million procedures on an annual basis, thereby yielding substantial savings for both the governmental and private sectors.
"We would like to thank all federal and local entities for their invaluable collaboration in bringing this project to fruition... Our commitment to eradicating bureaucracy remains unwavering, to make people's lives easier and happier."
أطلقنا قبل فترة مشروعاً لتصفير البيروقراطية الحكومية لتقليص الإجراءات وإعادة هندسة الخدمات وتقليص مدتها في الحكومة الاتحادية ..
— HH Sheikh Mohammed (@HHShkMohd) March 6, 2024
واليوم نطلق باكورة هذا الحراك الحكومي عبر مشروع "باقة العمل" .. الذي يعمل على تسهيل وتبسيط واختصار إجراءات الإقامة والعمل في الدولة ..
المشروع الجديد… pic.twitter.com/d6FfdeheL5

H.H. Sheikh Mohammed: Journey towards UAE Government 4.0 has begun
UAE, UK ministers discuss strategic ties and regional developments
UAE scraps 15-day grace period for payment delays for private sector
UN Chief 'deeply alarmed' by drone attacks on Barakah Nuclear Power Plant
Eid Al Adha holidays announced for private sector
'Dubai Archive' to strengthen preservation of history, heritage
Dubai streamlines parking access for educational institutions
UAE denounces attack targeting Barakah nuclear plant
UAE condemns drone attacks targeting Saudi Arabia
Sheikh Abdullah discusses Barakah drone strike with Arab ministers
UAE confirms Eid Al Adha to begin on May 27
UAE says two drones intercepted as third strikes generator near Barakah plant
Abdullah bin Zayed condemns drone strike in call with IAEA chief
UAE ranked among world’s top 10 governments in global index
Abu Dhabi authorities respond to fire from drone strike in Al Dhafra
Dubai's Al Khaleej Tunnel Project targets huge cut to travel time by 2030
Sharjah launches Oman logistics corridor through land border crossings
Putin thanks UAE President for Russia-Ukraine mediation efforts
Dubai Police warns of videos promoting excessive energy drink consumption
UAE President, Australian Deputy PM discuss defence, regional security
