DANIEL BOCZARSKI / GETTY IMAGES NORTH AMERICA / GETTY IMAGES VIA AFP
Production of "Jurassic World: Dominion" from Universal Pictures has been suspended for two weeks after a few people on the set tested positive for COVID-19.
"All tested negative shortly after, but due to our safety protocols we’re going to pause for two weeks," director Colin Trevorrow wrote on Twitter.
Filming on the dinosaur adventure movie resumed in England in July under stringent protocols for the cast and crew to contain the spread of the coronavirus.
Production had been halted in mid-March because of the pandemic, which shut down movie and television sets around the world.
Trevorrow did not identify who had tested positive on the movie, whose stars include Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard.
The suspension was the second known stoppage on a major Hollywood movie. Production was shut down for two weeks in early September on the Warner Bros. movie "The Batman" after a person, reported to be star Robert Pattinson, tested positive for COVID-19.
Universal Pictures, part of Comcast Corp, announced Tuesday that the release date for "Jurassic World: Dominion" was being pushed back one year to June 2022.
Movie studios have been reshuffling dates and postponing film releases as the industry tries to recover from the global shutdown of cinemas in March.
Colombian pop star Shakira will perform in Mexico City's Zocalo square in a free concert on the night of March 1, the best-selling musician announced together with the city government on Friday.
Channing Tatum recalled how he has had conversations with his daughter similar to those depicted in his role as a father in the assault drama "Josephine," which is competing for the Berlin Film Festival's top prize.
Actor Eric Dane, who played the handsome Dr. Mark Sloan on the hit television series "Grey's Anatomy," has died on Thursday aged 53, his family said, less than a year after revealing that he suffered from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
Shia LaBeouf was arrested just after midnight on Tuesday in New Orleans where police said the 39‑year‑old “Transformers” film star assaulted two men in a fight.
The UAE has joined other Arab countries and major regional organisations in issuing a joint statement strongly condemning remarks by the US ambassador to Israel, suggesting it would be acceptable for Israel to exercise control over occupied Arab territories, including the West Bank.
The UAE has continued dispatching humanitarian aid convoys to the Gaza Strip under Operation Chivalrous Knight 3, as part of its ongoing relief efforts to support the Palestinian people and alleviate their suffering amid challenging humanitarian conditions.
Emirates Airline and Etihad Airways have cancelled and rescheduled several flights to and from New York and Newark and other US destinations, due to a severe snowstorm expected to impact the area.