Nine people died when "sudden strong winds" capsized four tourist boats and plunged 84 people into the water in Southwestern China, state media reported on Monday.
The search was ongoing for one person who was still missing while 74 others had been rescued in Guizhou province, the Xinhua News Agency said.
Nearly 500 rescue workers were mobilised to deal with the accident as Chinese President Xi Jinping instructed provincial authorities to "do everything possible", Xinhua said.
Xi also said authorities should enhance safety measures to curb the growing number of accidents at tourist attractions and major public places.
Authorities have sent 70 people rescued in the Sunday afternoon accident to the hospital to be treated for "non-life-threatening conditions", state media said.

Global airlines race to fix A320 jets after Airbus recall
Death toll in Sri Lanka rises to 153 after Cyclone Ditwah
Hong Kong mourns victims of blaze that killed 128 and counting
Vast Russian overnight attack on Ukraine kills two, wounds dozens
Indonesia flood death toll climbs to 303 amid cyclone devastation
