US Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Sunday said he held a "very productive" meeting with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman in Riyadh, as Israel prepared to launch a ground assault in Gaza.
"Very productive," Blinken replied to a question from a Reuters reporter as he returned to the hotel where the US delegation was staying.
In the meeting, the Saudi crown prince stressed the need to find ways to stop the conflict, and respect international law, including by lifting the Israeli blockade on Gaza, Saudi state news agency SPA reported.
"(The crown prince stressed the need to find) a peace path to ensure that the Palestinian people obtain their legitimate rights and achieve just and lasting peace," SPA said.
A US official said the meeting lasted for just under an hour and took place at the crown prince's private farm residence.
"The Secretary highlighted the United States' unwavering focus on halting terrorist attacks by Hamas, securing the release of all hostages, and preventing the conflict from spreading," the State Department spokesperson Matthew Miller said in a statement.
"The two affirmed their shared commitment to protecting civilians and to advancing stability across the Middle East and beyond."
Blinken started his tour on Thursday in Israel. Since then, he has visited Jordan, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Saudi Arabia.
He is expected to travel to Egypt later on Sunday.


Global airlines race to fix A320 jets after Airbus recall
Death toll in Sri Lanka rises to 153 after Cyclone Ditwah
Hong Kong mourns victims of blaze that killed 128 and counting
Vast Russian overnight attack on Ukraine kills two, wounds dozens
Indonesia flood death toll climbs to 303 amid cyclone devastation
