GCC Ministerial Council condemns Israeli aggression

via GCC SG MEDIA CENTRE

The GCC Ministerial Council condemned the continued Israeli aggression in the Gaza Strip and the rejected any justifications for the aggression as self-defence, during the group’s 161st session in Riyadh on Monday.

The Council issued a statement following the end of the most recent session, which covered various regional issues, most notably the Israeli aggression in the Gaza Strip and the occupied West Bank.

“The Ministerial Council holds Israel legally responsible before the international community for its ongoing violations and attacks against innocent civilians, and considers them war crimes according to international humanitarian law, which resulted in the killing of thousands of civilians in the Gaza Strip, most of whom were women and children, in violation of international law and international humanitarian law,” the statement said.

The statement went on to condemn Israel’s stance on remaining in the Philadelphi Corridor. Israeli forces deployed troops to the 14 km-long area bordering Egypt earlier this year. Their withdrawal has been a point of contention during the ongoing ceasefire negotiations.

“The Ministerial Council stressed the importance of preparing a comprehensive plan for the return of the Palestinian Authority to Gaza upon the end of the war in Gaza, and stressed the GCC’s rejection of the idea of ​​separating Gaza from the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, the statement said.

The Council also welcomed the UK’s partial suspension of arm export licenses to Israel, noting the decision is in line with resolutions of the UN Security Council, the UN, and International Court of Justice.

More from Local News

News

  • UAE denounces attack targeting Barakah plant

    The United Arab Emirates has condemned in the strongest terms the unprovoked attack targeting an electricity generator outside the inner perimeter of the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant in Al Dhafra region, carried out by a drone that entered the country’s territory from the western border.

  • Abdullah bin Zayed discusses Barakah drone strike with Arab FMs

    His Highness Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, has discussed the drone strike near the Barakah nuclear power plant with several Arab foreign ministers during a series of phone calls on Sunday.

  • UAE confirms Eid Al Adha to begin on May 27

    The UAE Fatwa Council has announced that Eid Al Adha will begin on Wednesday, May 27, after confirming the sighting of the Dhu al-Hijjah crescent moon on Sunday evening.