Israel has apologised to the UAE after an official blamed the rise in their country's COVID-19 cases to visitors returning from the UAE.
According to reports by the Walla and Ynet news sites, officials in the Prime Minister’s Office apologised to the UAE and said that comments by their head of the Health Ministry’s public health department were baseless.
Alroy-Preis allegedly said "in two weeks of peace with the UAE more people had died than in 70 years of war”, effectively blaming travel to the UAE for the rise in Israel's cases.
After the resumption of peace between the two countries last year, thousands of Israelis have travelled to the Emirates and last week, Israel opened its embassy in the UAE.
يديعوت احرنوت: إسرائيل تقدم اعتذاراً لدولة الإمارات عن تصريحات لمسؤولة كبيرة في وزارة الصحة الاسرائيلية تضمنت ادعاءات كاذبة ربطت بين السفر لدبي وتزايد اعداد المصابين بكوفيد-19 في اسرائيل.
— Dubai Media Office (@DXBMediaOffice) January 29, 2021


UAE President, US Senator discuss strategic ties
UAE President pardons 1,440 prisoners
Dubai exempts 316 citizens from housing loan repayments
Here's how you can contribute to UAE's 'Edge of Life' campaign
Dubai Holding unveils 3rd edition of 'Gift it Forward' Ramadan initiative
UAE Floating Hospital offers hope to Palestinian child with rare genetic condition
UAE leaders share Ramadan greetings on social media
UAE confirms first day of Ramadan
UAE Tour 2026 announces road closures for Stage 3 race
Dubai adjusts paid parking, Salik hours for Ramadan
Dubai expands road network with new Al Rowaiyah corridor
Dubai Camp drives next phase of government innovation
UAE extends Emirates Mars Mission until 2028
UAE joins 7 nations in condemning Israel's West Bank land registration plan
Dubai Holding, Nord Anglia Education partner to develop new premium schools
New UAE, Bahrain fast-track travel system takes off
Dubai's Al Jalila Foundation unveils cancer support fund
Dubai Police crowned champions of UAE Rescue Challenge
UAE discusses strengthening partnership with NATO
