The Palestinian Hamas group said that its negotiators reiterated its readiness to implement an "immediate" ceasefire with Israel in Gaza based on a previous US proposal without new conditions from any party.
The Palestinian group said in a statement that their negotiation team, led by senior official Khalil al-Hayya, met mediators on Wednesday including Qatar's Prime Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani and Egypt's intelligence chief Abbas Kamel in Doha to discuss the latest developments in Gaza.
Talks have so far failed to reach a deal to end the 11-month-old war. Lingering issue include control of the Philadelphi corridor, a narrow stretch of land on Gaza's border with Egypt, persisting.
CIA Director William Burns, who is also the chief US negotiator on Gaza, said on Saturday that a more detailed ceasefire proposal would be made in the next several days.
The previous proposal put forward by US President Joe Biden in June laid out a three-phase ceasefire in return for the release of Israeli hostages.
The recent war in Gaza started after Hamas militants attacked Israel on October 7 killing 1,200 people and taking about 250 hostages, according to Israeli tallies. Israel's offensive has thus far killed at least 41,084 Palestinians and wounded 95,029 others, the Gaza health ministry says.
Pakistan said it launched strikes on targets in Afghanistan after blaming recent suicide bombings, including assaults during the holy month of Ramadan, on fighters it said were operating from its neighbour's territory.
One police officer was killed and 24 other people were injured after several explosive devices detonated at midnight in Lviv in western Ukraine, the National Police said on Sunday.
President Donald Trump said on Saturday he will raise a temporary tariff from 10 per cent to 15 per cent on US imports from all countries, the maximum level allowed under the law, after the US Supreme Court struck down his previous tariff programme.
The move came less than 24 hours after Trump announced a 10% across-the-board tariff on Friday after the court's decision. The ruling found the president had exceeded his authority when he imposed an array of higher rates under an economic emergency law.
The new levies are grounded in a separate but untested law, known as Section 122, that al
Hong Kong proposes to spend about HK$4 billion ($512 million) to buy out the owners of homes in a high-rise housing complex ravaged by a massive fire to resettle nearly 2,000 affected households.
The US Supreme Court struck down Donald Trump's sweeping tariffs that he pursued under a law meant for use in national emergencies, handing a stinging defeat to the Republican president in a landmark opinion on Friday with major implications for the global economy.
The UAE has joined other Arab countries and major regional organisations in issuing a joint statement strongly condemning remarks by the US ambassador to Israel, suggesting it would be acceptable for Israel to exercise control over occupied Arab territories, including the West Bank.
The UAE has continued dispatching humanitarian aid convoys to the Gaza Strip under Operation Chivalrous Knight 3, as part of its ongoing relief efforts to support the Palestinian people and alleviate their suffering amid challenging humanitarian conditions.
Emirates Airline and Etihad Airways have cancelled and rescheduled several flights to and from New York and Newark and other US destinations, due to a severe snowstorm expected to impact the area.