Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, will step in as the chairman of the COP28 Higher Committee.
That's according to the latest announcement by His Highness Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Presidential Affairs, who noted that the formation of the Higher Committee reflects the UAE’s commitment to delivering a successful and inclusive COP28 that will advance critical climate negotiations.
Dr. Sultan bin Ahmed Al Jaber, Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology and UAE Special Envoy for Climate Change, will take on the role of Vice Chairman, with more ministers and officials from various national sectors forming the rest of the committee.
COP28 will be hosted at Expo City Dubai in November 2023.
The climate summit will also serve as a platform for the UAE to promote its view of climate action as an opportunity that drives sustainable economic and social development for all nations.
Members of the COP28 Higher Committee
- Mohamed Hadi Al Hussaini, Minister of State for Financial Affairs
- Reem bint Ibrahim Al Hashemy, Minister of State for International Cooperation
- Suhail bin Mohammed Al Mazrouei, Minister of Energy and Infrastructure
- Mariam bint Mohammed Almheiri, Minister of Climate Change and the Environment
- Dr. Thani bin Ahmed Al Zeyoudi, Minister of State for Foreign Trade
- Shamma bint Suhail Al Mazrouei, Minister of State for Youth Affairs
- Muhammad Abdullah Al Junaibi, Chairman of the Federal Authority for Protocols and Strategic Narratives (FPSNA)
- Lieutenant General Abdullah Khalifa Al Marri, Commander-in-Chief of Dubai Police
- Lt. Gen. Talal Humaid Belhoul, Director-General of State Security Department at Dubai Police
- Major General Staff Pilot Faris Khalaf Al Mazrouei, Commander-in-Chief of the Abu Dhabi Police (ADP)
- Mattar Mohammed Al Tayer, Director-General, Chairman of the Board of Executive Directors of the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA)
- Rashid Saeed Al Ameri, Under-Secretary of the Ministry of Presidential Affairs
- Major General Khalifa Hareb Al Khaili, Under-Secretary of the Ministry of Interior
- Helal Saeed Almarri, Director-General of Dubai's Department of Economy and Tourism
- Saif Saeed Ghobash, Secretary-General of Abu Dhabi Executive Council
- Dr. Jamal Mohammed Al Hosani, representing the Supreme Council for National Security
More from Local News
UAE citizens evacuated from Florida due to hurricane Ian
UAE nationals in Florida have been transported to Washington DC after Tropical Storm turned into a powerful hurricane threatening the US coast.
Dubai Customs helps Australia seize drugs worth AED4 billion in Sydney
Dubai Customs helped Australian authorities in successfully seizing about two tonnes of illegal drugs at a Sydney port.
'Great Arab Minds' launch search for exceptional regional talent
The Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Global Initiatives (MBRGI) has revealed the details of its 'Great Arab Minds' initiative to reward exceptional scientists, thinkers, and innovators in the region.
Dubai scores high in UN e-government survey
Dubai is consolidating its reputation as one of the world’s best digital governments.
Owner of unlicensed school in Ajman arrested
The owner of a private school in Ajman has been arrested for collecting fees from more than 1,500 students even when he didn't have the licence to run it.
UAE leaders congratulate Italy's Giorgia Meloni
President His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan has sent a message of congratulations to Giorgia Meloni on winning Italy's general elections.
Fog alert and speed reductions issued in parts of UAE
Foggy conditions could cause limited visibility across the UAE this morning.
UAE President concludes state visit to Oman
The UAE's President His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan has departed from Muscat, concluding his two-day state visit to the Sultanate of Oman.
Dubai’s media sector registers impressive growth
Dubai’s media sector saw impressive growth in the first half of this year, with licensed private media companies growing by 30 per cent.
Two killed as vehicle crashes outside Abu Dhabi hospital
Two people were killed and another seriously injured after a vehicle crashed into a pillar at the entrance of a hospital in Abu Dhabi.
UAE President, Sultan of Oman explore ways to strengthen bilateral ties
President His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan has held talks with Sultan Haitham bin Tariq of Oman, at Al Alam Palace in the Omani capital of Muscat.
Dubai aims to add $4 billion to GDP via Metaverse
Dubai is aiming to become one of the world's top 10 Metaverse economies.
Dubai steps up inspections of e-scooter operators
Dubai’s Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) is stepping up efforts to ensure e-scooter operators are complying with the rules and regulations.
Soon, UAE citizens can enjoy visa-free travel to Japan
UAE nationals can soon enjoy visa-free travel to Japan following a new partnership between the two countries.
UAE leaders congratulate Saudi Crown Prince on PM role
President His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan led the messages of congratulations to Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud on his appointment as Prime Minister.
Speed limits reduced in Abu Dhabi due to thick fog
Speed limits across several key roads in the UAE capital have been reduced as foggy conditions impact visibility.
UAE President begins official visit to Oman
The UAE's President His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan has arrived in Muscat, marking the start of his two-day state visit to Oman.
Etihad relaxes facemask rule
Etihad Airways has relaxed its rules around facemasks on board its flights.
UAE declares holiday to mark Prophet's birthday
Saturday, October 8 will be a holiday for private-sector employees in the UAE to mark the birthday of Prophet Mohammed (PBUH).
Emirates, flydubai clarify facemask rules
Dubai-based Emirates and flydubai have updated their COVID-19 protocols regarding the wearing of face masks on board.